Submissions/Flow: The future of collaboration
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is an accepted submission for Wikimania 2013.
- Submission no.
- Subject no.
- Title of the submission
- Flow: The future of collaboration
- Type of submission
- Author of the submission
- Brandon Harris
- Country of origin
- Wikimedia Foundation
- E-mail address
- Personal homepage or blog
- This presentation will demonstrate Flow, a next-generation collaboration and discussion system. We'll go over what it is but most importantly what it means for the future.
- Detailed proposal
- Flow is most obviously a replacement for user talk pages but it has the potential to be so much more. I'll talk about the rationale for various design choices, what we've learned about how Wikipedians communicate with each other, the use cases we are targeting during phase one (broad and micro), and demonstrate the software we have.
- Technology and Infrastructure
- Length of presentation/talk
- 25 minutes
- Language of presentation/talk
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
This should probably go before Roundtable on Messaging and Discussions
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).
- Fabrice Florin (WMF) (talk) 00:22, 30 April 2013 (UTC)
- Daniel Mietchen (talk) 00:57, 30 April 2013 (UTC)
- Trizek (talk) 15:53, 30 April 2013 (UTC)
- Ocaasi (talk) 16:21, 30 April 2013 (UTC)
- Mglaser (talk) 23:48, 30 April 2013 (UTC)
- Ainali (talk) 06:24, 1 May 2013 (UTC)
- Bishdatta (talk) 17:43, 2 May 2013 (UTC)
- MarkTraceur (talk) 18:54, 2 May 2013 (UTC)
- Multichill (talk) 14:55, 4 May 2013 (UTC)
- Graham87 (talk) 11:40, 5 May 2013 (UTC)
- Superbellymonster (talk) 03:05, 8 May 2013 (UTC)
- Waldir (talk) 14:21, 14 May 2013 (UTC)
- Michael Jahn WMDE (talk) 17:38, 22 July 2013 (UTC)
- Sebastian Wallroth (talk) 16:49, 7 August 2013 (UTC)
- Ilona Buchem (Beuth) (talk) 15:27, 8 August 2013 (UTC)