- Not too worried at the moment. I'm expecting to semi-protect the main page later on though. Deryck Chan (talk) 22:00, 15 July 2012 (UTC)
Lünen says: Thank you for the publicity
The evangelical congegration of Lünen in Germany gets repeatedly requests wether they are part of the Wikimania 2013. Your sign/logo looks just like a kind of their sign, wich they've been using for years now, and still do in some different variations. Seems like Wikimania unvoluntarily made some advertisement for the church of Lünen. I don't want to place a hyperlink here, but you will find a variation of their logo when you search for "evangelische kirchengemeinde Lunen". It is, indeed, almost the same - same colours (just interchanged) and similar style. Cheers, --188.8.131.52 12:48, 14 March 2013 (UTC)
To Get In
What do we have to show at the door to get in?
What parts of the Wikimania will be available online? Those who are unable to attend it would like live online streaming of all the events. So could that be arranged?
Thanks 184.108.40.206 11:31, 9 May 2013 (UTC)
Hi. There is a problem in the count down, the days remaining to 7 August are 39 not 42. More ever, as I remember it was 48 yesterday, how did it become only 42? --aad_Dira (talk) 10:43, 28 June 2013 (UTC).
- The main conference begins on 9 August. So, now 40 days are left. The second problem is that delay in update of the counter. rz (talk) 15:46, 30 June 2013 (UTC)
Where can I ask questions / find info about this conference?
Is there any forum/place where I could ask questions and get advice about this conference? I'm trying to figure out whether this conference is open to anyone or there are any requirements. I was active on Wikipedia many years ago but not anymore, but I still want to attend. --220.127.116.11 02:47, 14 July 2013 (UTC)
- It is open to everyone but the registration fee may be different. See Registration for details. rz (talk) 19:05, 14 July 2013 (UTC)
Cross-posting: Unified Wikimania Wiki
Right now, we already have a dozen separate wikis for each past and future Wikimanias, and there's no doubt there'll be much more to come.
The idea here is to have a single Wikimania wiki (
wikimania.wikimedia.org) for all conferences, instead of the current separate-wiki style (
wikimania2012.wikimedia.org). This has been discussed at Meta:Wikimania project domain in 2011, but seem to quickly ran outta gas.
Key issues addressed:
- Q1: Organizers (alone) of a current conference needs to have absolute control over the conference wiki (aka being an admin).
- A1: Wikimania wikis does not run as normal projects. Hence, all organizers shall easily be given admin rights (and former organizers removed) as it becomes necessary. The cycle continues.
- Q2: What about archiving past wikis? What if we need to look back?
- A2: Except for key pages (such as the Main Page), all other pages of each project could be created under the respective year's subpage. For example, all 2012 conference's pages would be under:
http://wikimania.wikimedia.org/wiki/2012/page/page/etc. Additionally if necessary, any vital page requiring archiving could also be edit protected (cascading style too, if possible).
I have searched for the session 'Indigenous Knowledge for Wikipedia: Bending the Rules?' on the video content but it doesn't seem to appear. In fact the available videos all seem to be of the Jockey Club sessions. Are any of the other sessions going to be available to view? Lloffiwr (talk) 19:17, 11 August 2013 (UTC)
- Hi Lloffiwr, I don't think that my session was recorded. You find most of the relevant information on Commons:
- --Pgallert (talk) 08:29, 12 August 2013 (UTC)
Please please Update the Submissions pages, with Slides and Videos when available
Thank you to the few presenters I've seen in my watchlist, who have updated their Submission page with the slides.
These are often neglected after a Wikimania is over, but they are the pages that are most-watchlisted, and are widely interwiki-linked, so they are the best place to post updates, and add links to specific offsite videorecordings/etc.
Just wondering if the videos will be sorted and edited into individual sessions and linked to the schedule? I wasn't able to attend Wikimania this year and it's quite hard to find what I'm looking for currently.
- Wanted to share the live stream of the "Discussing Our Legal Strategy Going Forward: A Talk With The WMF General Counsel" (Saturday) with a friend and went to http://new.livestream.com/socreclive/wikimania - are you kidding? Seven untitled videos, nobody knows at which occasion they've been taken on? --Schwäbin (talk) 20:11, 9 October 2013 (UTC)
- Chronological order (newest on top). Each video is one session (90-120min) in the main auditorium. The session you're looking for was not broadcast live, so it isn't on the internet yet. Sorry for the lack of labelling, it was an uncurated livestream, recorded as the sessions happened live. Deryck Chan (talk) 02:58, 20 January 2014 (UTC)
- Gentle nudge on the videos. Even just a note here, to say that someone is xx% of the way to completing the tasks, would be appreciated. :) Quiddity (talk) 19:11, 19 November 2013 (UTC)
Scheduled wiki closure
Wikimania 2013 has been a few months ago and this wiki is scheduled to be closed on 4 June 2014. Thank you very much for your contributions to an amazing Wikimania! Deryck Chan (talk) 14:36, 23 May 2014 (UTC)