Submissions/Wikimedia and OpenStreetMap: tools overview
After careful consideration, the programme committee has decided not to accept the below submission at this time. Thank you to the author(s) for participating in the Wikimania 2013 programme submission, we hope to still see you at Wikimania this August.
- Submission no.
- Subject no.
- Title of the submission
- Wikimedia and OpenStreetMap: tools overview
- Type of submission
- Author of the submission
- Paweł Marynowski
- Country of origin
- E-mail address
- Personal homepage or blog
- Wikimedia projects and OpenStreetMap have a lot in common. In this presentation I want to show how we can use geocoded articles and OSM data in a useful or creative way.
- Detailed proposal
- Wikimedia projects and OpenStreetMap have a lot in common - open data, easy edit and often they share the same community. In this presentation I want to show how we can use geocoded data from Wikipedias or images from Wikimedia Commons, 'merge' them with OpenStreetMap data and show them on the interactive map.
- For interested attendees: if you want to show something interesting in this topic feel free to add yourself as an author and contact me.
- Technology and Infrastructure
- Length of presentation/talk
- 20 minutes
- Language of presentation/talk
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).