After careful consideration, the programme committee has decided not to accept the below submission at this time. Thank you to the author(s) for participating in the Wikimania 2013 programme submission, we hope to still see you at Wikimania this August.
- Submission no.
- Subject no.
- Title of the submission
- WikiAir Project
- Type of submission
- Author of the submission
- Amos Meron
- Country of origin
- Wikimedia Israel
- E-mail address
- Personal homepage or blog
WikiAir is a new project aimed at creating a freely-licensed collection of aerial photos of Israel.
- Detailed proposal
WikiAir is a new project in cooperation with The Israeli Association of General Aviation aimed at creating a freely-licensed collection of aerial photos of Israel that could also be used in Wikipedia articles, as well as other uses for the public. How does it work? Civil aviators volunteer to be accompanied by Wikipedians on flights. The Wikipedians take photos from the air and afterwards upload them to Wikimedia Commons. Part of the project is also to integrate those photos into Hebrew Wikipedia. The presentation will explain the concept of this project and the process of outreach, as well as its results and lessons learned.
Cultural and Educational Outreach
- Length of presentation/talk
- 25 Minutes
- Language of presentation/talk
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).
- أمير إ. أهروني 20:45, 5 March 2013 (UTC)
- Suyogaerospace (talk) 09:01, 20 March 2013 (UTC)
- MB-one (talk) 22:27, 16 April 2013 (UTC)
- Cool initiative! Daniel Mietchen (talk) 22:25, 22 April 2013 (UTC)
- Certainly looks interesting. CT Cooper · talk 00:40, 29 April 2013 (UTC)
- Archeologo (talk) 14:12, 12 May 2013 (UTC)
- Your name here