After careful consideration, the programme committee has decided not to accept the below submission at this time. Thank you to the author(s) for participating in the Wikimania 2013 programme submission, we hope to still see you at Wikimania this August.
- Submission no.
- Subject no.
- Title of the submission
Visualisation of the edits in an Article
- Type of submission
- Author of the submission
- Country of origin
- E-mail address
- Personal homepage or blog
I want to talk about my IEG grant where I'm working on a gadget to make it easier to view the edits on a page .It will graphically show the diffs that are currently shown side by side when you compare the edits under the history tab .
- Detailed proposal
My proposal Replay Edit has been selected for an IEG grant .The project tries to make it easier for a person to view and look at the edits that have been made to an article in a simple and quick way .It tries to do this by showing the edits happening like a video being played in your browser. I want to talk about the project and data visualization .
- Technology and Infrastructure
- Length of presentation/talk
- 20 Minutes
- Language of presentation/talk
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
Yes I will.
- Slides or further information (optional)
To be added later
- Special requests
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).
- Sbouterse (talk) 17:47, 22 April 2013 (UTC)
- Interested in the proposed visualization from a wiki perspective as well as for timelines more generally, e.g. of how our understanding of the solar system has changed through the "edits" by Copernicus, Galileo, Kepler, Einstein and others. Daniel Mietchen (talk) 22:53, 22 April 2013 (UTC)
- DarTar (talk) 22:17, 29 April 2013 (UTC)
- Add your username here.