Submissions/Global administration and tools
This is an accepted submission for Wikimania 2013.
- Submission no.
- Subject no.
- Title of the submission
- Global administration and tools
- Type of submission
- Author of the submission
- Martin Rulsch, Marius Hoch
- Country of origin
- Wikimedia Deutschland
- E-mail address
- martin.rulschwikimedia.de , hooonline.de
- DerHexer, Hoo man
- Personal homepage or blog
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:DerHexer , https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Hoo_man
The presentation will have two parts: In the first part, a brief history of the Wikimedia Stewards who are users with complete access to the wiki interface on all Wikimedia wikis will be given. Additionally, the election process, tasks and duties, and the daily business of the Stewards will be presented. Furthermore, two more global usergroups, Global Sysops and Global Rollbackers, will be introduced. In the second part, some global tools which will soon be usable by these groups will be presented, focusing on their relevance and impact on the global community: Global Rename, Global Abuse Filters, Global CheckUser, etc.
- Detailed proposal
The presentation will have two parts: In the first part, a brief history of the Wikimedia Steward who are users with complete access to the wiki interface on all Wikimedia wikis, including the ability to change any and all user rights and groups, will be given. Additionally, the election process, tasks and duties of the Stewards will be presented with the help of a few examples. Furthermore, the Global Sysops who have sysop privileges on most small wikis for the purposes of antivandalism and routine maintenance, and the Global Rollbackers will be introduced to the audience. The first part will end with a brief overview about the daily business of these global usergroups.
In the second part, a couple of global tools which will soon be usable by these groups will be presented to the audience, focusing on their relevance and impact on the global community. One of these is Global Rename, which will enable the Wikimedia Stewards to rename users on all Wikimedia projects at once. A second one explained will enable Wikimedia Stewards to prevent global vandalism by using “global abuse filters” across various Wikimedia projects. Another one with the same purpose will allow them to do global checkuser requests to find sockpuppets and abused IP addresses.
- Technology and Infrastructure
- Length of presentation/talk
- 45 Minutes
- Language of presentation/talk
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- yes, both
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).
- — T. 04:07, 26 April 2013 (UTC)
- Pundit (talk) 04:42, 26 April 2013 (UTC)
- Vogone (talk) 23:05, 26 April 2013 (UTC)
- Marcus Cyron (talk) 23:28, 26 April 2013 (UTC)
- Wnme (talk) 11:43, 27 April 2013 (UTC)
- Jdforrester (WMF) (talk) 05:21, 28 April 2013 (UTC)
- CT Cooper · talk 23:39, 28 April 2013 (UTC)
- Legoktm (talk) 21:35, 29 April 2013 (UTC)
- Stepro (talk) 22:12, 30 April 2013 (UTC)
- --Dsvyas (talk) 22:31, 2 May 2013 (UTC)
- Graham87 (talk) 12:28, 5 May 2013 (UTC)
- --Nirakka (talk) 08:44, 7 May 2013 (UTC)
- --វ័ណថារិទ្ធ (Vantharith) (talk) 06:19, 10 August 2013 (UTC)
- Add your username here.