Submissions/Are Wikimedians french or zombies? A tale of moaning.
This is an accepted submission for Wikimania 2013.
- Submission no.
- Subject no.
- Title of the submission
- Are Wikimedians french or zombies? A tale of moaning.
- Type of submission
- Author of the submission
- Country of origin
- E-mail address
- Personal homepage or blog
Do you know the difference between zombies and French people ? None, both moan all the time ! And do you know between zombies and Wikimedians ? None, both moan all the time ! From there we can totally say that in fact Wikimedians are French... scary right?
Moaning is our "national" sport, we excel at that. We've brought it to a new level. In few minutes, we'll work from that joke to defining the differences between Wikimedians, Zombies and French people and, perhaps, make you realize that we only have 2 options:
- All agree that Wikimedians are French
- Moan less
- Detailed proposal
This is a talk I first submitted in 2012, but unable to attend I couldn't give it at all :)
This talk first came into my mind around the time I was organizing the Finance Meeting in 2012. I realized how much we, Wikimedians, moaned all the time. And when I say moan, what I mean is complaining without really trying to either move forward or understand the people we're disagreeing with.
For a long time now, I tried to always have in mind that moaning is useless, that it's better try to make things move on. When you're disagreeing with someone, going head on against them is never useful. Either out of pride or stubbornness, or both, you will have the people you disagreeing with shutting themselves down and not talking to you. Resulting in:
- A/ Drama
- B/ More drama
- C/ Them having it their way and you having lost time, energy and motivation
The goal of this presentation is to, through humor, try to get people to change their mindsets and well have a little less moaning and little more actual talking.
- WikiCulture and Community
- Length of presentation/talk
- 25 Minutes
- Language of presentation/talk
English, French, and moaning
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).
- అమీర్ ఎ. అహరొని (talk) 20:12, 5 March 2013 (UTC)
- ShenMi MeiRen (talk) 15:04, 21 March 2013 (UTC)
- You rock, Christophe! Amitiés, --Frank Schulenburg (talk) 17:40, 2 April 2013 (UTC)
- Risker (talk) 21:51, 3 April 2013 (UTC)
- Phoebe (talk) 19:40, 9 April 2013 (UTC) +1 on title alone ;)
- AroundTheGlobe (talk) 09:04, 24 April 2013 (UTC)
- CT Cooper · talk 23:09, 28 April 2013 (UTC)
- Sbouterse (talk) 00:27, 1 May 2013 (UTC)
- HA! Awesome. SarahStierch (talk) 05:26, 1 May 2013 (UTC)
- obviously, you've never met Poles moaning, but the presentation sounds great :) Pundit (talk) 10:16, 3 May 2013 (UTC)
- MPelletier (WMF) (talk) 18:45, 3 May 2013 (UTC)
- I love French zombies. Multichill (talk) 14:10, 4 May 2013 (UTC)
- Superbellymonster (talk) 03:09, 8 May 2013 (UTC)
- Templaaaaaaates Zj 04:02, 20 July 2013 (UTC)
- Teemeah (talk) 10:16, 20 July 2013 (UTC)
- Nicole Ebber (WMDE) (talk) 23:12, 31 July 2013 (UTC)
- Vera (talk) 19:30, 4 August 2013 (UTC)
- Jensbest (talk) 00:12, 10 August 2013 (UTC)