Submissions/Wikinews and original reporting
After careful consideration, the programme committee has decided not to accept the below submission at this time. Thank you to the author(s) for participating in the Wikimania 2013 programme submission, we hope to still see you at Wikimania this August.
- Submission no.
- Subject no.
- Title of the submission
Wikinews and original reporting
- Type of submission
- Author of the submission
- Country of origin
The Wikinewsie Group
- E-mail address
- Personal homepage or blog
Original reporting is the most valued type of reporting on Wikinews. Built on accumulated reputation and the ability to make research public, this will walk through the process of how original reporting reaches a published state on Wikinews. It will focus on the review process which looks at neutrality, verifiability, copyright, style and newsworthiness. It will also talk about accumulated reputation and what this means when it comes to sharing journalist notes for assessment of verifiability by a reviewer. It will also touch upon how The Wikinewsie Group can assist in original reporting.
- Detailed proposal
- WikiCulture and Community
- Length of presentation/talk
- 25 Minutes
- Language of presentation/talk
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).
- Blue Rasberry (talk) 17:39, 30 April 2013 (UTC)
- Raystorm (talk) 09:33, 5 May 2013 (UTC)
- Hawkeye7 (talk) 11:57, 5 May 2013 (UTC)
- Add your username here.