Submissions/Wikimedia and Open Access
After careful consideration, the programme committee has decided not to accept the below submission at this time. Thank you to the author(s) for participating in the Wikimania 2013 programme submission, we hope to still see you at Wikimania this August.
- Submission no.
- Subject no.
- Title of the submission
- Wikimedia and Open Access
- Type of submission
- Author of the submission
- Daniel Mietchen
- Country of origin
- Open Knowledge Foundation Germany
- E-mail address
- User:Daniel Mietchen
- Personal homepage or blog
The Wikimedian and Open Access communities share the goal of making knowledge freely available as widely as possible, and while their respective approaches tend to differ, there is ample room for interaction. This session will provide an overview of these interactions.
- Detailed proposal
This session will provide an overview of these interactions, focusing on
- the coverage of Open Access and related topics across Wikimedia projects
- the reuse of materials from Open Access sources across Wikimedia projects
- off-wiki activities pertaining to both the Wikimedia and Open Access communities
Much of the material to be presented here has been covered (or will have been so by then) in the This Month in GLAM Open Access reports, so the purpose of this session is mainly to provide a synthesis, to point out highlights and to discuss how to move forward.
- Cultural and Educational Outreach, WikiCulture and Community
- Length of presentation/talk
- 25 minutes
- Language of presentation/talk
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Related presentations
- Submissions/Open Access & Wikipedia: Opening the world's academic research to improve the world's most popular reference source
- Special requests
- This presentation would be given on-wiki, making use of video and sound
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).