Submissions/Teach teachers to teach students about Wikipedia
Please note that this submission is not yet complete because detailed proposal is missing.
After careful consideration, the programme committee has decided not to accept the below submission at this time. Thank you to the author(s) for participating in the Wikimania 2013 programme submission, we hope to still see you at Wikimania this August.
- Submission no.
- Subject no.
- Title of the submission
Teach teachers to teach students about Wikipedia
- Type of submission
- Author of the submission
- Country of origin
President of Wikimedia Macedonia
- E-mail address
- Personal homepage or blog
I will present my experience with teaching the teachers of secondary schools about Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects and issues (wiki-technology, wikimedia movement, copyright, free knowledge, encyclopedic writing, neutral point of view, etc.). How to attract their attention, how to spin off the power of other entities. Few simple actions every teacher should know about wikipedia. I have presented many times at faculties and schools and I'm co-author of printed Wikipedia textbook in Macedonian and Albanian.
- Detailed proposal
- Cultural and Educational Outreach
- Length of presentation/talk
- 25 Minutes
- Language of presentation/talk
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
Yes, if I have a scholarship.
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).
- Slashme (talk) 18:26, 7 April 2013 (UTC)
- It's something I'm trying to do. Bennylin (talk) 12:33, 16 April 2013 (UTC)
- Daniel Mietchen (talk) 16:41, 20 April 2013 (UTC)
- Ldavis (WMF) (talk) 17:54, 25 April 2013 (UTC)
- Iopensa (talk) 15:50, 30 April 2013 (UTC)
- Ocaasi (talk) 17:28, 30 April 2013 (UTC)
- Simon Shek/石 (talk) 00:28, 4 May 2013 (UTC)
- GastelEtzwane (talk) 15:46, 4 May 2013 (UTC) Looking forward to be able to meet you in Hong Kong. I give a similar teacher training course in Geneva (Switzerland).
- Bellayet (talk) 18:11, 13 May 2013 (UTC)
- Add your username here.