Submissions/Hacking our teams: Flexible ‘agile’ development at the WMF
This is an accepted submission for Wikimania 2013.
- Submission no.
- Subject no.
- Title of the submission
Hacking our teams: Flexible ‘agile’ development at the WMF
- Type of submission
- Author of the submission
Arthur Richards; Siebrand Mazeland; James Forrester; Diederik van Liere
- Country of origin
United States / Netherlands / United Kingdom
- E-mail address
- Personal homepage or blog
A panel discussion with the scrummasters of some of the highest priority engineering projects at the WMF. Our teams use a range of methods broadly designed to empower our developers for success that is sustained over time. We will discuss:
- How we work, in general and specifics (with as little jargon as possible);
- Why we work this way (why it works so damn well, and what it works better for);
- What we try to avoid (challenges we have faced); and
- What we worry about (challenges we still have).
- Detailed proposal
- additional detail to come
- Technology and Infrastructure
- Length of presentation/talk
- Language of presentation/talk
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
File:Wikimania 2013 - Hacking our teams.pdf - Presentation slides (unused due to technical difficulties, but still potentially useful). See also File:E2-Flow Agile Trainings - Appetizer.pdf and Agile software development
- Special requests
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).
- আমীর ঈ. অহরোনি (talk) 20:28, 5 March 2013 (UTC)
- Slashme (talk) 17:23, 7 April 2013 (UTC)
- AGK (talk) 15:35, 15 April 2013 (UTC)
- Daniel Mietchen (talk) 21:42, 22 April 2013 (UTC)
- Tfinc (talk) 21:55, 22 April 2013 (UTC)
- Pginer (talk) 13:02, 29 April 2013 (UTC)
- Tychay (talk) 22:55, 30 April 2013 (UTC)
- Steven (WMF) (talk) 23:00, 30 April 2013 (UTC)
- Gyoung (talk) 09:37, 1 May 2013 (UTC)
- Siebrand (talk) 13:45, 1 May 2013 (UTC)
- MarkTraceur (talk) 18:58, 2 May 2013 (UTC)
- Multichill (talk) 14:46, 4 May 2013 (UTC)
- Runab WMF (talk) 05:18, 6 May 2013 (UTC)
- HAndrade (WMF) (talk) 08:31, 31 July 2013 (UTC)
- Add your username here.