Submissions/''It's Great Music, but...''
After careful consideration, the programme committee has decided not to accept the below submission at this time. Thank you to the author(s) for participating in the Wikimania 2013 programme submission, we hope to still see you at Wikimania this August.
- Submission no.
- Subject no.
- Title of the submission
- Short Title - It's Great Music, but... Full Title - It's Great Music - but can you dance to this tune? - reflexivity in and on Wikipedia: the archival, documentation and historiographical issues of the crumbs on the trail in the search of a Wikipedia history.
- Type of submission
- presentation and or discussion
- Author of the submission
- SatuSuro and Quiddity
- Country of origin
- Australia and Canada
- E-mail address
- Personal homepage or blog
- Presentation/discussion about basic issues relevant to history of Wikipedia - specially archival, documentation and historiographical issues
- Detailed proposal
Background - The subject is well explored already on a number of apsects of the history of Wikipedia at -
- meta:Wikimedia history
This presentation seeks to pursue some of the issues raised in these earlier items in the hope of sparking further conversation or developments within the community to work out the ‘bread crumbs’. In other words - the key features of the historical developments.
What are items that need to be captured or archived and documented for a history of the wikipedia project in view of what has been explored already... - are there processes involved that require further consideration?
Archiving the web - There have been programs in various countries in retrieving parts of the web and creating web archives. Also some libraries ‘capture’ various parts of web history. The place of wikipedia in the history of the web can be considered here.
Documenting the life of wikipedia - Like any community there are a range of issues about the process of developing an online encyclopedia, and the range of experiences reflect the range of experience of any one part of the whole. This section questions how and what might be the criteria for scope of documentation, where does the reflexivity start or finish. What are the boundaries, and scope of documentation possible?
Historiographical issues - TBD - this section will be in development between submission lodegement and the date of the presentation, updates on the issues and their treatment will be found at presenters sub page here.
Where to now? - (a framework of the crumbs, their forensic examination, and their ramifications to find our way forward, or back, or...) - identifying room for feedback at the presentation and afterwards.
- WikiCulture and Community
- Length of presentation/talk
- 25 minutes, with a paper/poster available for further on-going discussion on the subject.
- Language of presentation/talk
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- SatuSuro attending on scholarship.
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).
- Add your username here.