Submissions/WMF Grantmaking Panel: The Impact of Wikimedia Grantees, Offline, Online, and On-wiki
This submission is on the wait list for Wikimania 2013.
- Submission no.
- Subject no.
- Title of the submission
WMF Grantmaking Showcase: The Offline, Online, and On-wiki Impact of Wikimedia Grantees
- Type of submission
- Author of the submission
- Country of origin
- E-mail address
m:User:Sbouterse (WMF). Complete list of panelist usernames to be added here soon.
- Personal homepage or blog
The Wikimedia Foundation currently offers 4 different kinds of grants to support various needs of individuals, groups, and organizations in the Wikimedia movement. This panel presentation will showcase several of our recent grantees as examples of WMF grantmaking, and discuss the impact their work is having offline, online, and on-wiki. Come learn about Individual Engagement Grants, WMF Grants, the Funds Dissemination Committee, and Participation Support through the experience of the grantees themselves! We look forward to hearing your thoughts and ideas about grantmaking in this session as well.
- Detailed proposal
The Wikimedia Foundation currently offers 4 different kinds of grants:
- Individual Engagement Grants - funding individuals to lead 6-month projects focused on online impact
- WMF Grants - funding project expenses for individuals, groups, and organizations
- Funds Dissemination Committee - funding annual plans and programs for Wikimedia affiliate organizations.
- Participation Support - co-funding with WMDE, for individual contributors to travel to participate in events.
This panel presentation will give you a taste of WMF's grantmaking programs by showcasing several of our recent grantees. Through a moderated discussion, we'll learn more about these grantees' work and discuss the impact that they are having offline, online, and on-wiki.
- w:ca:User:Micru and w:it:User:Aubrey (Individual Engagement Grantee - Elaborate Wikisource strategic vision)
- w:User:Ocaasi (Individual Engagement Grantee - The Wikipedia Library)
- More grantees from WMF Grants Program and FDC to be added soon!
Come learn about what grantees are working on and experience WMF grantmaking from the grantees' perspectives. We'll be keeping the presentations short and leave most of the time for discussion with panelists and the audience - we look forward to hearing your thoughts and ideas about grantmaking in this session too!
WikiCulture and Community (?)
- Length of presentation/talk
70 Minutes, if possible
- Language of presentation/talk
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).
- Daniel Mietchen (talk) 23:27, 22 April 2013 (UTC)
- Limoke oscar (talk) 06:36, 29 April 2013 (UTC)
- Blue Rasberry (talk) 17:42, 30 April 2013 (UTC)
- Raystorm (talk) 09:38, 5 May 2013 (UTC)
- Heatherawalls (talk) 18:59, 6 May 2013 (UTC)
- Crepi (talk) 14:05, 10 May 2013 (UTC)
- Arjunaraoc (talk) 09:25, 12 May 2013 (UTC)
- Waldir (talk) 18:23, 21 May 2013 (UTC)