Submissions/Bridging the Divide: New Student Editors & the Wikipedia Community
Please note that this submission is not yet complete.
This is an open submission for Wikimania 2013.
- Submission no.
- Subject no.
- Title of the submission
- Bridging the Divide: New Student Editors & the Wikipedia Community
- Type of submission
- Author of the submission
- Kasey Baker and Kevin Rutherford
- Country of origin
- United States of America
- E-mail address
- Kayz911, Ktr101
- Personal homepage or blog
With the recent influx of new students through the Education Program, a divide has been created between new college students and the greater Wikipedia community. This presentation will examine how this dynamic between new students, the greater academical community, Wikipedia and their passionate editors. This lecture examine potential areas of mutual interests and goals, and we will offer solutions improve the dynamic between parties in the future. There will also be a time allotted to hear from participants about their experiences and suggestions. A must attend presentation for students, professors, and Wikipedian's who often work with the academic community.
- Detailed proposal
- NA YET
- WikiCulture and Community
- Length of presentation/talk
- 25 Minutes
- Language of presentation/talk
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Yes, but it depends more on funding options provided to both of us
- Slides or further information (optional)
- NA YET
- Special requests
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).