Wikimedia Chapters Association - Organisations Seminar
On the two days of the Wikimania preconference, the WCA offers a Wikimedia Organisations Seminar (WCA WOS). We welcome everyone, whether he or she is already active in a Wikimedia organisation, or wants to become active.
The WCA is the Wikimedia Chapters Association. In spite of its name, the Association is open for all Wikimedia organisations: chapters, thematic organisations and user groups.
What we learn here:
- who is active in organisations
- how organisations manage themselves
- what the WCA is and could be in future
- how we can help each other
If you have suggestions or questions, please contact Markus Glaser or Ziko van Dijk.
Wednesday, August 7th
- 9.00h Doors open
- 9.30h Opening by Markus Glaser and Ziko van Dijk, chair/deputy chair of the WCA Council
- 10.00h Who are you (in your organisation)? Who we are, what we do, what we want to know. A revealing game with questions and answers from any/everybody.
- 11.30h Short break
- 11.45h Inside the chapter. Members, board, staff. Panel discussion. Moderated by Sandra Rientjes.
- 13.00h Lunch break
- 14.30h The movement, that's you. Chapters, thorgs and wugs. Panel discussion. Moderated by Markus Glaser.
- 15.45h Short break
- 16.00h The role of money. Grants, funds, organisations and committees. Panel discussion. Moderated by Delphine Ménard.
- 17.00h End of the day
Thursday, August 8th
In order not to split forces, we have decided to cancel the action teams sessions today. Instead we welcome the participation in the Chapters dialogue session: room M104, 10.00h - 14.00h.
The three WCA action teams (see the infobox) are:
- Advice: peer review, chapters exchange (giving advice to each other, review FDC requests etc.)
- Research: Chapters Manual, what facts we want to know about the organisations
- Voice: outreach, WCA/Journal, contacts with organisations
We will see how much the action groups in the seminar will follow the lines of the WCA action teams. It is possible to have here work shops and discussion groups around certain topics, such as international Wikimedia conventions in the future (Wikimania, Wikimedia Conference, GLAMwiki, Hackathon).
By the way, Wikimedia user groups might want to sit together for a while and discuss about matters concerning only them.
- 14.15h WCA Council meeting
- 15.45h End meeting
- 15.45h Discussion space
- 17.00h End of the day
WCA Council meeting, agenda
The WCA Council gathers in public. Voting, of course, is restricted to WCA Council Members.
This agenda is still preliminary.
- Opening by the Chair and welcome to new members
- A personal statement by the Deputy Chair on Failure
- Announcement of the Chair
- Mission questions
- Activities to support chapters and exchange knowledge
- Finding a new name
P building, floor "3", room PQ304.
- Etherpad (thanks for contributing)
List of attendees
- Ziko (talk) 19:36, 16 July 2013 (UTC)
- Mglaser (talk) 20:18, 16 July 2013 (UTC)
- Jon Davies (WMUK) (talk) 07:24, 17 July 2013 (UTC)
- SRientjes (talk) 07:33, 17 July 2013 (UTC)
- Laurentius (talk) 09:20, 17 July 2013 (UTC)
- Oop (talk) 10:31, 17 July 2013 (UTC)
- Possibly --aad_Dira (talk) 16:51, 17 July 2013 (UTC).
- --Olaf Kosinsky (talk) 21:06, 17 July 2013 (UTC)
- Mike Peel (talk) 22:02, 17 July 2013 (UTC)
- Chuq (talk) 00:25, 18 July 2013 (UTC)
- --Muriel Staub (WMCH) (talk) 13:57, 18 July 2013 (UTC)
- Steffen Proessdorf (WMDE) (talk) 19:15, 18 July 2013 (UTC)
- Claudia.Garad (talk) 10:35, 19 July 2013 (UTC)
- GastelEtzwane (talk) 10:37, 19 July 2013 (UTC)
- --Bücherwürmlein (talk) 07:34, 20 July 2013 (UTC)
- --Kudpung (talk) 01:40, 23 July 2013 (UTC)
- Manawa|TalkEducation First 09:54, 23 July (UTC)
- --Ecce Ralgis (háblame) 21:32, 23 July 2013 (UTC)
- Jmh649 (Doc James) (talk) 19:39, 24 July 2013 (UTC)
- Nasir8891 (talk) 20:21, 24 July 2013 (UTC)
- Atropine (talk) 17:20, 29 July 2013 (UTC)
- I am attending on the 8th only. I am with Wikimedia New York City and a member of Wiki Project Med, the medicine group. Blue Rasberry (talk) 18:25, 29 July 2013 (UTC)
- I am attending on the 8th only. Have not previously been a member of a Chapter but would probably join Wikimedia Canada.--Brian Dell (talk) 09:41, 31 July 2013 (UTC)
- BlackBeast (talk) 03:53, 1 August 2013 (UTC)
- I will be only till 11:30 am on the 8th. I seriously want to join you for a longer time, but I have appointments elsewhere. --Netha Hussain (talk) 16:54, 1 August 2013 (UTC)
- I would like to join as an organizer of a pre-chapter in Korea maybe for a day. --RYU Cheol (talk) 02:32, 2 August 2013 (UTC)
- --SusikMkr (talk) 17:30, 3 August 2013 (UTC)
- --Perohanych (talk) 19:30, 6 August 2013 (UTC)
- -- DerFussi 00:43, 7 August 2013 (UTC)
- -- User:BraneJ (WMRS) - on the 8th.
- Rover Wong (WMHK) (talk) 06:40, 8 August 2013 (UTC)
- Jensbest (talk) 03:01, 9 August 2013 (UTC)